SOLAR HOT WATER SYSTEMS
From our stunning beaches to our enviable outdoor lifestyles, Australia is a country that’s far from lacking sunshine. So why not take advantage of this incredible energy resource? With a solar hot water system that can provide up to 85% of your water heating needs, it’s a no-brainer for Australian homes here in Perth.
200 litre system
This storage capacity is recommended for households with 1-3 people and medium hot water demands. The tank is connected to a 1 panel collector.
- 200 litre tank
- single panel (1x high efficient solar collector)
- Ideal when ground space is limited
- 5 year warranty on tank and collectors
300 litre system
We recommend a 300L systems for households with 3-5 people and high hot water demands. The tank is connected to 2 panel collectors.
- 300 litre tank
- double panel (2x high efficient solar collector)
- Ideal when ground space is limited
- 5 year warranty on tank and collectors
Installing a solar hot water system can seem like an overwhelming task. Many people ask, “Isn’t it expensive?” “Doesn’t it take a long time to install?” “Is it even worth it?”
Here at Eurosun, we are confident in saying that the power of solar energy is well worth it, and the upsides far outweigh the negatives. In fact, most people may be unaware of the incredible benefits of heating your water by the solar power of our Sun.
As your local expert solar heating specialist, Eurosun makes installing a new solar hot water system in your Perth home a simple and painless endeavour. Enjoy the benefits of reliable hot water, all while reducing harmful environmental emissions and saving money on your energy bill. With professional assistance, high-quality tanks and panels, and flexible financing, it’s the perfect time to start letting the hot Australian sun work for you.
Solar Water Heater Options
There are a few notable differences between solar hot water systems; the size and scope of your property, as well as your own requirements will be helpful in making the final decision on which option is best for you.
- Rooftop Solar System: Rooftop solar systems are perfect for homes with limited ground space, like apartments or townhouses. Rooftop solar panels and a tank are installed on the north-facing side of the roof; the panels will absorb the heat of the sun, while the tank collects the energy. Then that energy is then transferred to the hot water tank.
- Split Solar System: A split solar system is better for homes with less roof space and more ground space. The solar panel is still installed on the roof, in order to receive as much sun exposure as possible, while the tank is on the ground level, either indoors or outdoors. The system itself works in the same way as a rooftop solar system, but provides a much more flexible option when it comes to saving space; it’s also a more attractive option, as you can keep the tank out of sight.
- Heat Pump System: If the north-facing side of the roof does not receive sun, or if there are other obstacles to proper rooftop solar panel installation, then a heat pump system is the next most energy efficient option. Instead of pulling energy directly from the sun, it uses heat from the surrounding air, otherwise known as ambient warmth, and it continues to function, rain or shine.
Once you’ve decided which type of solar hot water system will work best for your property type, our expert technicians can help you with deciding on the size that works best for your family. Both of our quality hot water systems include a five-year warranty for your peace of mind, and with the help of our friendly technicians, you’ll have plenty of hot water in no time.
- Our 200-litre system is recommended for households of 1 to 3 people with average demands for hot water. With a single solar panel and a 200-litre tank, this system is incredibly beneficial when space is limited and when hot water needs aren’t too demanding.
- We also offer a 300-litre system that includes two solar panels and a 300-litre tank. Perfect for larger households of 3 to 5 people, it can meet a high demand for hot water.
How Solar Hot Water Systems Work
Highly efficient solar collectors fitted to your roof absorb the sun’s energy during the day to heat your water. The heated water is passed through and stored in an insulated tank, which is also mounted to the roof ready for your use. On overcast days, an in-tank heating element will activate itself and heat stored water when temperatures drop below a set point.
Our systems also include an electric booster, which acts as a backup for those days when the sun is not shining or if usual demand is exceeded. Gas booster options are also available. This ensures your home always has a continuous flow of hot water when needed.
Benefits of Solar Hot Water
As soon as you have a solar hot water system installed in your home, you’ll immediately start reaping the benefits. Here are some of the biggest perks of a solar water heater:
- Reliable hot water: Some Australians are skeptical of solar hot water systems, assuming that when it’s cloudy, or during the night, they’ll have no hot water. While it’s a sound argument, solar water heaters actually have the capability to provide hot water, no matter the weather or time of day. Our systems are able to store the energy they do receive from the sun when it’s sunny out and use it at a later time, thus providing a reliable hot water source 24 hours a day.
Of course, solar panels are more effective in sunnier areas; perhaps places like London or Seattle wouldn’t be exceptional at capturing solar energy. But down here in Perth, we’re confident that you’ll never have to worry that solar power will run out, leaving you to take cold showers. Enjoy reliable hot water from the Aussie sunshine, day or night.
- Environmentally friendly: One of the biggest perks of solar hot water systems and probably the reason most Australians are interested in installing them is that they help to reduce harmful emissions into our environment.
Traditional water heaters are the leading single generator of greenhouse gases. Also, when compared to electric water heaters, solar heaters use one-third of the energy. This means that by installing a solar hot water system, you’ll not only be reducing greenhouse gases that are released into the atmosphere, but you’ll also use less energy.
- Save money and increase value: Since solar hot water systems use less energy than electric water heaters, your overall energy bills will be lower as the process becomes more efficient.
You’ll also find that with solar energy, your bills won’t fluctuate as much. In the traditional model, government actions and weather conditions can greatly impact your energy bills from month to month. With such fluctuations, it can be difficult to create and stick to a budget. With a solar hot water system, your energy bills will level out and be more consistent with each pay period. Not only can this simplify your life, it can improve your finances…and state of mind.
In addition, your property value will most likely increase substantially with the addition of solar power to your home. Especially in a place like Australia, where the sun is always shining, a solar hot water system instantly adds value to your home. Installing solar equipment does require a substantial upfront expenditure; but just know that by increasing the overall value of your property as well as saving money, you’ll truly be getting a high return on your investment.
- Australian Government Rebates: With environmental concerns growing more dire with each passing day, the Australian government has created incentives for homeowners to employ better energy practices. When you install a solar hot water system, you’ll earn rebates in the form of tax breaks and other advantageous incentives.
Not only will you be reducing harmful emissions, but you’ll also get a reliable solar hot water system that saves money on energy bills and increases the overall value of your home…and you’ll receive government rebates for your smart thinking.
Don’t wait any longer to have a brand new solar hot water system installed in your home! Give us a ring for information on our top-rated Eurosun Perth solar water heaters and start saving money today!
Finance Options Available
Everyone’s circumstances are different and we understand that a full payment upfront may not be ideal. This is why we offer flexible payment options that allow you to pay for your solar hot water system over time. For more information contact our team on:
Call us: 1300 808 786
Email: [email protected]
For continuous hot water in your home, contact Eurosun – the solar hot water specialists on 1300 808 786.
Solar Hot Water Service
Eurosuns expert solar technicians provide system installations and repair through Solar Repairs Perth. Our solar hot water service is offered throughout Perth and surrounding suburbs. View our location list for more information.
Your solar hot water system comes with a 5-year warranty on tanks and panels, and a 1-year warranty on parts and labour. Visit our Warranty page to ensure you are eligible to receive your warranty.
Get in touch
Do you have any questions about Eurosun solar hot water systems or want to request a free no obligation quote?